Relocating to a new city is full of challenges and one of the biggest is what job opportunities are available in your field. Are you considering moving to New Orleans, LA? Perhaps your next military relocation is to NAS JRB New Orleans and your spouse will be looking for a job in the area. Or maybe you have visited before, fallen under the magical spell of this historic city and feel her pulling you to return...not as a visitor, but as a resident.
Each year, City Business, a well respected New Orleans business periodical, polls employees throughout the metropolitan area to determine the best of the best - employers, that is. Here are the most recent top 20 winners along with links to their websites.
Software and Technology Solutions
Energy and Oilfield Companies
Health Care and Related Industries
- St. Tammany Parish Hospital
- Coventry Health Care of Louisiana
- Ochsner Health System
- East Jefferson General Hospital
- West Jefferson Medical Center
- People's Health
- Louisiana Medical Mutual Insurance Co.
The complete list: 2007 Best Places to Work in New Orleans
Obviously, the health care and legal communities are some of the most terrific and highly regarded employers in the region. I'm sure that this is greatly influenced by the prestigious educational institutions located in and around the New Orleans area, such as Tulane University and the LSU School of Nursing.
As the recovery and revitalization of the New Orleans region continues, I'd like to welcome you to my hometown and my city.
New Orleans - Proud to Call It Home!
When buying or selling a home on the West Bank of New Orleans or relocating to the New Orleans West Bank, you deserve local expertise and advice. Lisa Heindel provides full time, professional real estate services to buyer, sellers and military transferees in Algiers, Algiers Point, Belle Chasse, Gretna, Terrytown, Harvey, Marrero, Westwego and more.
- Get new West Bank Real Estate articles delivered to your email
- West Bank Homes for Sale – Find a home for sale on the West Bank or other New Orleans metropolitan area.
- Contact Lisa Heindel for help buying or selling your New Orleans area home
- Free Online Home Evaluation of your New Orleans West Bank home
Copyright 2008. Lisa Heindel, All rights reserved.