The spotlight this week is on the Bellemeade subdivision in Gretna, Louisiana.
The Bellemeade subdivision is divided into two sections, Bellemeade North and Bellemeade South. Conveniently located, Bellemeade has easy access to both Belle Chasse Highway and Lapalco Blvd. making it a snap to get anywhere on the West Bank in minutes. Have a golfer in the family? Bellemeade is just around the corner from Timberlane Country Club and golf course.
Bellemeade residents enjoy an active homeowners association (Bellemeade Civic Association) and a private swim club located inside the boundaries of the subdivision at 501 Brookmeade Drive. Get more information about the swim club at http://bmswimclub.googlepages.com/.
Here is a market snapshot of Bellemeade sales activity for 2007:
- There are currently 17 homes for sale
- Price range: $159,900 to $207,000
- Size range: 1,700 square feet to over 2,500 square feet
- All homes are 3 or 4 bedrooms, with 2 to 2 ½ baths
Under Contract Listings
- There are currently 3 homes under contract
- Price range: $80,000 to $189,900
- Size range: 1,800 square feet to 2,900 square feet
2007 Sales Activity
- There have been 25 homes sold this year
- Price range: $78,500 to $235,000
- Average sales price: $179,000
- Average Days on Market: 95
- Homes sold with a home warranty: 16 (64%)
- Homes sold with seller providing closing cost assistance to the purchaser: 11 (44%)
- Average closing cost assistance paid by seller: $4,507
Buying or selling on the West Bank? Contact me with any of your real estate questions.