In my continuing review of gated communities on the West Bank, this week's focus is on The Commons in Gretna, LA. Developed by Willow Builders in 1999, The Commons is centrally located on the West Bank of New Orleans off of Wall Blvd. with easy access to the Central Business District, NAS JRB New Orleans, the Metairie business district and more.
Is your office in one of the new developments on Manhattan Blvd.? The Commons offers you a commute time of less than 10 minutes! Travel time to the Naval Air Station in Belle Chasse is only around 20 minutes.
Nearby shopping includes Target, Lowe's, WalMart, Sam's Club and more. Dining out is close and convenient with the wide selection of local and national chain restaurants within minutes of your front door.
Things to know about The Commons:
- Low annual homeowner's due of $480 per household
- Available homes priced from high $200,000 to low $300,000 range
- Recent average sale price of $276,000
- Recent median sale price of $294,000
- Recent average and median days on market of 88 days
Schools and libraries near The Commons:
- Jefferson Parish Public School Information
- Jefferson Parish Parochial School Information
- West Bank Regional Library
Fun Activities near The Commons:
Come be a part of this beautiful West Bank community. For a list of available homes, more information on buying or selling a home in The Commons, or relocating to the West Bank of New Orleans, please contact Lisa Heindel, REALTOR®. I would be happy to help you find your next place to call home!
When buying or selling a home on the West Bank of New Orleans or relocating to the New Orleans West Bank, you deserve local expertise and advice. Lisa Heindel provides full time, professional real estate services to buyers, sellers and military transferees in Algiers, Algiers Point, Belle Chasse, Gretna, Terrytown, Harvey, Marrero, Westwego and more.
- Subscribe to West Bank Living by Email
- Featured New Orleans West Bank Homes
- Search All New Orleans West Bank Listings
- What's My Home Worth? - A Free Online Valuation of your New Orleans West Bank Home
Here's the disclaimer part: The opinions expressed here are strictly those of the author, but you are free to share yours in the comments. All information is deemed reliable but not guaranteed.
Copyright 2008. Lisa Heindel, All rights reserved.